Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Contridictory Victory!

Worky work work.
Saturday I worked Jumping Jack.
Sunday I worked Boats. BUT MAN DO I HATE BOATS. The kids NEVER listen to you when you tell them to keep they're goddamnfuckinghands out of the water. I hate repeating myself so many times.
"Please keep your hands inside the boat"
"Please do not play with the water"
It's for their fucking safety.
Hatehatehatehatehateboats.
That and one girl decided "Hey. I'm going to go out the other side of he boat and go swimming." I had to run around and get her out. I got my pants soaked.
Monday I worked Jumping Jack. It was either that or boats again. I chose the better option even though I've been doing Jumping Jack a lot lately. Some kids cried. One small child hit on me. It was pretty uneventful except Liz almost got written up for kissing Jon. Not even a makeouttoungeineachothersmouthkiss. Just a peck. They think it's Des (Jon's ex girlfriend. Who dumped him after prom. But still hates him.) who reported it. Also I got re-trained on the Jumping Jack that day because apparently none of the trainers were training people right. We're not allowed to hit e-stop anymore. And I got to teach Jon the new ways of the Jumping Jack, which I found ironic because he is one of the trainers.
Today. I worked BumperCars. YAY. I like BumperCars best. Lovelovelovelove. Anyways. Pretty normal. Except several kids cried for being too short, or too tall, or not being able to figure out how to move, or getting stuck, or not being able to figure out how to not spin in continual circles. One kid though.. He cried for no reason at all. No one hit him, he didn't hit anyone, he didn't get stuck. Just out of no where he started crying.
Parents are mean. Not even just to me. But to their own kids. One girl didn't really want to ride. Her mom forced her on with peer pressure, and I tried to help her saying that if she ever wanted to get off she could just call out and I'd stop the ride for her. That comforted her and she agreed to get on. Well she was fine until her mom was trying to belt her in. Then she didn't want to ride anymore. The mom took her out and said "Fine. Go sit in your stroller like a big cry baby, Baby!" This shocked me. That's so... Mean. I hope the kid turns out okay with having a mother like that. Sadly it was not the first time I had seen this. The same thing happened the day before on Jumping Jack with a different kid and different parent.
I had my own collection of lost and found. Two headbands. Two sunglasses. And a shirt. Most I've ever had left at my ride.
Two kids. They got really angry with me and started yelling at me for them being too tall. I thought they were going to hit me. Is it sa when ten year olds scare me?
After work I hung out for a bit and Jon and I froliced over to internal guest relations with my lost stuff and another pair of sunglasses and a hat from other lost things from other rides. Some how we got into something like I was fighting myself, and I said it was a contridictory victory, and we were both amazed at my random ability to rhyme without meaning to. I helped Kathy with carrying stuff back to dispatch... disbatch... Ah hell.
Anyways. I put notebooks away then Jon and I waited for the bus. Rode back to HR, hugged and I went home.
Tomorrow is my day off. Thank goodness because it's the 4th and the park will be open til ten.

No comments: