Monday, April 16, 2007

Odd girl out.

I find myself wondering just why I hang out with my friends anymore. Man that sounded mean, let me explain. My immediate group of friends: Kelsey, Gareth, Ariel, Misa, Bryan, Steven. Notice it's an even number, add me and suddenly it's odd. Kelsey goes with Gareth, they're dating. Ariel goes with Kelsey, they're best friends. Bryan goes with Ariel, they're dating. Misa goes with Steven, they're best friends. And etc. Almost everytime people split off I'm the one left alone. Everytime I went into a room people soon left. Everytime I started talking to someone they walked off or talking to someone while I was still trying to talk. Today I was in the middle of a conversation with Ariel and she walked off to see what Steven was up to. I feel like there's no use in me even going. I'm just a waste of gas and food. There's no reason in inviting me if they're not going to hang out with me. At Steven's house I did my homework and looked on dA because people kept ditching me. I got sick of following them to try to be included. I've mentioned it to them before, Kelsey says they're just easily distracted. They say they love me and they don't mean to, but it really hurts. Might as well stay home you know? My parents don't like me out all the time and my friends barely hang out with me when I'm with them. I feel like more of an outsider than I ever had in this group. Doesn't matter. Me being there isn't too different from me not. It's almost like everyone else is more interesting than me.
I don't know. They're not much better about it when it's at school. For a full week everytime I went into the commons in the morning, when I'd sit down at the table everyone would get up and leave. No exaggeration. Maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but I'm super glad that Ellie and I are hanging out this Friday.

No comments: