Monday, July 23, 2007

I feel like I'm going to hack up an organ soon.

Stupid coughing. Cough medicines to make things better are not going over so well.
I've come to the conclusion that running Train is worse than running Boats.
Why? :
Parents cannot ride boats because they are too tall. So I do not have to tell parents they have to ride in an open top car on the train over and over since they apparently did not hear me the first three times. Or they don't speak english. God why didn't I take spanish?
On boats the kids can atleast hear me yell that they need to keep their hands inside the ride. Most of the time on Train they can't hear me.
Children like to jump off the Train when it's half way around the track. So I have that problem of the Train coming to a stop outside a normal loading position. Boats can stop anywhere.
Boats is up a ramp, and therefore not in the middle of Kiddie Land and not seen as much.
Train holds 36 goddamn people. Only four parents, who must be in opentop cars, and one per side otherwise the Train tips over.
...The Train can tip over.
It's hard as hell to reach a seatbelts in two of the cars.
The umbrella is strategically placed to be of no help to afternoon shifts.
Parents get angry when there is not room enough for them but there are three empty cars. Those empty cars have tops on them. Haha parents. Haha.

So tonight was the second night in a row that they kicked me from JumpingJack shortly after the sun had set behind the stageroof and out of my eyes to Train where I have to wait for the sun to set behind MindEraser and Swings. Both times to train people on JumpingJack. I want to get trained on another ride. All the ones I know I'm getting tired of or don't like to begin with. Which I kinda feel like writting some lists on the rides I know.. Skip if you want.

MINITEACUPS:
"Welcome to the Mini-teacups, please keep your arms and legs inside your own teacup at all times. Do not stand until the ride has come to a complete and final stop."
-First one I learned.
-Secluded, so a nice ride when you don't much feel like dealing with people.
-Takes about two minutes to fully stop. By this time kids feel the need to book it for the exit.
-Only seats 18.
-Operating station outside of the fence.
-Run until it starts to slow. Then press e-stop.
-Over 36 inches, under 54.

BUMPERCARS:
"Welcome to the Bumpercars, please keep your arms and legs inside your own car at all times. Do not stand until the ride has come to a complete and final stop. If you ever get stuck just hit the gas and turn the wheel."
-Pretty simple. Only eight cars most of the time.
-Mostly you don't have to pay too much attention except for the kids who are riding with someone else. Whoever doesn't have their hands occupied with the wheel feel the need to hit other cars as they go by.
-Constantly have to remind kids to push the pedal at the bottom and turn the wheel as far as it can go to get unstuck.
-Operating station inside the fence.
-Kids cry a lot.
-Over 36, under 54.

CONVOY:
"Welcome to Convoy, please keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times. Do not stand until the ride has come to a complete and final stop.
-Parents can ride. I'm pretty sure it seats 24. But it's apparent that parents have to sit in the back, I don't think any have even attempted to get inside.
-Not very busy most of the time.
-Horrible on hot days, and the sun can get annoying if you watch the Trucks go around the entire track.
-Not much to get in trouble with except hands and arms inside.
-Blindspot when it goes behind the trees. Some kids I'm sure take advatage of this time.
-Operating station inside fence.
-Over 36, under 54. Over 54 must be accompanied by someone under 54, no infants.

BOATS:
"Welcome to the boats. Please keep your arms and legs inside your boat at all times. Do not stand until the ride has come to a complete and final stop. And please do not play with the water."
-You've all heard me rant about this. Parents can't ride.
-Water. Keep their goddamnfuckinghands out of the water. It's icky and will be even more gross by the end of the season.
-Lot of bending down and getting up, makes for a dizzy Angie.
-They sink if too much weight is in them.
-After the rain, someone must stand on the front of the boat to sink it down and someone else must take a cup and get out the water. Awful process.
-Seats 24.
-Operating station outside of fence.
-Under 54, as long as they can sit up on their own. No infants.

TRAIN:
"Welcome to the Train, please keep your arms and legs inside the Train at all times. Do not stand until the ride has come to a complete and final stop."
-Parents can ride in opentop cars, one per side and four per ride.
-Eight people per car, except the engine which holds four children.
-Middle of KiddieLand so oodles of people.
-The ride is only about 2 minutes long. But somehow I can only get about four to six rides done each hour.
-Operating station outsie of fence.
-I have yet to find a goo place to put the height stick while running the ride.
-36 people can ride in a full load.
-Over 36, under 54, over 54 must be accompanied by someone under 54. No infants.

JUMPING JACK:
"Welcome to the Jumping Jack. Please keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times, as if they could go anywhere else. Please stay seated until the ride comes to a complete and final stop and the engine shuts itself off. Enjoy your fall."
-Seats 6 total.
-Beware falling shoes from excited kids.
-Breaks down frequently.
-Used to be called the "Bounce and Pounce"
-No parents. Although they often are needed to help chilren in because I am not allowed to lift children.
-Operating station inside fence.
-Umbrella does almost no good for night shift if you want to watch the ride to the top.
-Around 6:30ish the sun sets behind the Stage roof.
-Gets busy after the Hiphopcicles show ends because you can see it from the seats.
-Not allowed to hit e-stop anymore.
-Over 36, under 54.

All exit spiels are "Welcome back, hope you enjoyed your ride and enjoy the rest of your stay here at Elitches." And in the last hour I count down until Elitches closes. Which normally sparks conversations with guests about Carnival De Faugo.

Tabby likes Pat.
Jon and Liz are dating.
Shannon and Akeem fight over sticks.
Ashley's dating Drew who is not from KiddieLand.
Gossip about who is doing what and who has what sexual orientation.
That kid who makes friends with everyone and talks to everyone. (Libby.) Kid who sits in corner and you wonder if they have a voice. (Donovan.) People who talk to you at work but would not think about hanging out with you outside of Elitches.
Dropouts. (Amanda, Jesse, and others.)
Being addressed as "The Little Shanklin" "The Little Shanklin Girl" "Shannon's Sister" (Those would have been a highschool thing if I had gone to Lakewood.)
Someone having mental breakdowns (Tabby. I'm going to comfort her with gifts or something soon.)
See? Highschool.

Jordan was right. Ever want to have your kid never want kids? Make them work in KiddieLand.
Liz was talking about some rumors that some guy who works in NorthPark or SouthPark was working in KiddieLand and letting kids into the safetyzone on Bumpercars and letting them run the ride. One of those things I want to believe is a fabrication, but I'm skeptical on whether it is or not..
Oh. And the other day I SCREWED up royally. I went in on my day off and took a day off I wasn't suppose to. No one said anything about it so Jon thinks I'm going to be okay. But they changed the schedual on me. *Cries*
But I got Tuesday and Sunday off this week. Boo. I work both days we stay open til 10. And Bryan has been wanting to steal me away to WaterWorld for weeks. His family is going on Saturday. I couldn't find anyone to switch with me. Cassie also wanted to steal me away to WaterWorld but I don't have Thursday off.
And Man. I've never been to WaterWorld. -.-

I MISS MY FRIENDS.

I need sunglasses and new work pants. NEED. I also need to cash my last paycheck before I get ANOTHER.
Who else thinks summers moving too fast?
...3am. I guess I should sleep.

No comments: